Monday, August 4, 2014

Misandry Defined by Olfactory Senses

Sometimes being informed and mentally awake can have great and serious consequences. The biggest consequence of being awake is the fact that it makes a brain think about the outside influences that affect it.

 One has to wonder (think about) what it was like to be born as a slave in an ancient society, only to become enlightened and forced into the realization that you were being oppressed. Or trapped into an oppressive environment that was controlled by cultural norms and laws that were created by a small segment of society. A segment of society that was hell bent on controlling the actions of others.
And one must also contemplate by what standard that he or she would be able to determine if they were actually being oppressed or if the idea (the thought) of oppression was true or only perceived?

THE SMELL TEST
Both Scientists and Laymen use a variety of methods to determine facts. Some of these methodologies included empirical testing;
Empirical evidence (also empirical data, sense experience, empirical knowledge, or the a posteriori) is a source of knowledge acquired by means of observation or experimentation. The term comes from the Greek word for experience, Εμπειρία (empeiría).
Empirical evidence is information that justifies a belief in the truth or falsity of a claim. In the empiricist view, one can claim to have knowledge only when one has a true belief based on empirical evidence. This stands in contrast to the rationalist view under which reason or reflection alone is considered to be evidence for the truth or falsity of some propositions. "The senses are the primary source of empirical evidence". Although other sources of evidence, such as memory, and the testimony of others ultimately trace back to some sensory experience, they are considered to be secondary, or indirect
- Source Wikipedia
So if it looks like misandry (the hatred of men), tastes likes misandry or smells like misandry .. is it misandry? Based upon the gathering of empirical evidence it is by all probabilities misandry.

THE BACKSTORY
Over the last few month or so, I ran into three very striking things within my own community which raised a big flag in the back of my head. The first thing I ran into was a flyer that came from the local park district office. The flyer was a list of dates, times and costs of park district activities offered to village residents. As I reviewed the flyer I saw an event called "self defense class for women". A small thing you say?  No misandry here? Perhaps, but allow me to continue.  Then I was driving to work and I saw signs posted along side of the road which was advertising exercise classes "for women only"  No misandry here you say... just move along? Allow me to continue ..... Then upon speaking to my wife, she had informed me that she had received a call from a female case worker at the school that my two sons (who are both ten years old) attend. And apparently a conversation ensued in which my wife was informed that one of my sons was experiencing body odor after playing on the playground in the August heat. It just so happens that our children begin school in late July and have a shorter summer break. Both children shower every morning before going to school as a matter if ridged routine. But apparently the caseworker (to the best of my knowledge) was offended by the smell and felt that a call was necessary. No misandry here you say...? Maybe not .. But at the very least I would have to say that the actions of the caseworker were based upon a societal norm created by a small percentage of individuals bent on controlling the direction of people lives.  My last statement here may seem over the top. And you may not want to believe that there is an agenda driven mind set that discriminates against men and boys, or that a societal norm has been created that seeks to undermine the normal behavior of men and boys (and in the aforementioned case, to control our physiology as well) . But if it only takes a short trip around my own neighborhood to identify these types of situations, then we must be lead by empirical evidence to the conclusion that the smell test clearly indicates that misandry is being practiced in our own communities.

THE CONVERSATION MEN'S SUFFRAGE;
Clearly, I am an MRA (Men's Rights Advocate) and I am no stranger to being the lone, singled out borderline intellectual, who was once told by the blue collar father of an ex-wife that I used too many big words, though you will get no apologies from me in that matter. I accept the plain and simple truth of having to stand alone with my own opinions, and at fifty five years of age now, I am okay with that. I then plowed forward and opened a dialogue with my current wife and I explained my observations and the concerns that I had. I tried to explain my position, though like most modern women, she rebuffed my opinion and told me that "surely you don't think that an exercise group that was for women only would not allow a man to participate .. do you? And besides, perhaps they did that to feel safer"  Safer I thought ... from what? I then reminded her that many people who lived in the United States had at one time posted such signs in front of hotels, stores and washrooms to keep black people from coming in and utilizing the same space as a white person .. and they also did this out of fear.. unfounded fear. It was at this point that I decided to do what I do best. And that was to open the law books (or google) and take a look at the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and here is what I found.

THE REMEDY; According to Title II of the civil rights act of 1964;

TITLE II -- INJUNCTIVE RELIEF AGAINST DISCRIMINATION IN PLACES OF PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION
Sec. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin. (b) Each of the following establishments which serves the public is a place of public accommodation within the meaning of this title if its operations affect commerce, or if discrimination or segregation by it is supported by State action: (1) any inn, hotel, motel, or other establishment which provides lodging to transient guests, other than an establishment located within a building which contains not more than five rooms for rent or hire and which is actually occupied by the proprietor of such establishment as his residence; (2) any restaurant, cafeteria, lunchroom, lunch counter, soda fountain, or the facility principally engaged in selling food for consumption on the premises, including, but not limited to, any such facility located on the premises of any retail establishment; or any gasoline station; (3) any motion picture house, theater, concert hall, sports arena, stadium or other place of exhibition or entertainment; and (4) any establishment (A)(i) which is physically located within the premises of any establishment otherwise covered by this subsection, or (ii) within the premises of which is physically located any such covered establishment, and (B) which holds itself out as serving patrons of such covered establishment.

Besides the civil rights act, every state has now moved into the gender discrimination law business. And despite the fact that most of these laws were written to protect women against the discrimination, that also make in unlawful to discriminate against anyone based upon gender.

If it looks like discrimination, tastes like discrimination and smells like discrimination .... it is discrimination.
- Sergeant Shakespeare

No comments: